Ingrid Lorena Palacios
1. How did you get interested in your skill?
I became interested in this skill because it is about health, and I have always been passionate about it and I think it is my vocation.
2. Where did you do your training for your skill?
I trained at the Center for Technology Management of Regional Service in “el Valle- Colombia”
3. How did you first find out about your Member organization and its programs?
I first knew about it through an offering advertised online on SENA website.
4. Who influenced you to pursue your skill as a career?
My family and my instructors who encourage me every day.
5. What is your experience in participating with your Member organization?
I won golden medal in the World Skills competitions in Colombia. I also represented Colombia in WS Americas where I won the silver medal.
6. Describe your most memorable moment so far with WorldSkills?
The most memorable moment was when I won the golden medal in WS Colombia in 2013.
7. Describe what your experience has been since your involvement with WorldSkills
It has been an enriching experience because I have strengthened my knowledge and met wonderful people
8. Did participating in the skills competitions and training for WorldSkills help you progress in your skill? Please describe.
Of course, since I strengthened many things while competing, and I also learned from people who belong to other regional centers and other countries.
9. What do you currently do? Where do you work?
Currently I am training for the competitions WS International that will take place in Brazil, and I have a contract for representing the SENA
10. What are your future career aspirations?
I would like to obtain a student’s scholarship to go to the University and study medicine.