Miguel Angel Gómez García
- Age: 20 years
1. How did you get interested in your skill?
I feel attracted mainly by the high quality of equipment we work with, and also by the deep, detailed leaning of something I like too much, which is programming.
2. Where did you do your training for your skill?
I did it in part of Colombia, at SENA facilities, in my training Centre.
3. How did you first find out about your Member organization and its programs?
SENA is well known all over the country, which made it easy for me to know about it
4. Who influenced you to pursue your skill as a career?
The Instructors in charge of this skill were the ones who encouraged me to undertake this project , and mostly, my desire to learn.
5. What is your experience in participating with your Member organization?
I have been involved in WS for about three years.
6. Describe your most memorable moment so far with WorldSkills?
It was when I won national competition, since it was my first formal event in which I got very good results.
7. Describe what your experience has been since your involvement with WorldSkills
It has been an excellent experience. My technical learning and personal growth have been remarkably influenced. Also, meeting people from various cultures and sharing with them is something that helps you gain maturity.
8. Did participating in the skills competitions and training for WorldSkills help you progress in your skill? Please describe.
Yes, it did. I have noticed that, mainly because I have improved the practicums I undertake and problem-solving processes have been tuned up.
9. What do you currently do? Where do you work?
I am working in my training centre, which is at the same time, the place where I take my practices too.
10. What are your future career aspirations?
I want to keep on studying what I like the most , keep on learning day after day until I get the goals and dreams I have set myself