Daniel Fernando Alzate Galvis
1. How did you get interested in your skill?
Because I have ever liked machines and their functioning.
2. Where did you do your training for your skill?
I did my training in my training centre in Colombia
3. How did you first find out about your Member organization and its programs?
I knew about SENA from the necessity and the like towards study.
4. Who influenced you to pursue your skill as a career?
It was the like for this skill and in every moment of the training process which made me choose this field.
5. What is your experience in participating with your Member organization?
I have been to different WS competitions, Regional, National, and International.
6. Describe your most memorable moment so far with WorldSkills?
When we got gold medal for it was my first competence at a national level winning and I felt proud of my achievement.
7. Describe what your experience has been since your involvement with WorldSkills
It has been a good, unique opportunity to learn from other cultures. The experience and moments shared have no comparison at all.
8. Did participating in the skills competitions and training for WorldSkills help you progress in your skill? Please describe.
Yes, it did. All those situations during competition such as gathering knowledge, learning and setting strategies and meeting new people have been of great help.
9. What do you currently do? Where do you work?
At present I am studying at SENA taking my training process for WSI.
10. What are your future career aspirations?
I want to learn more about machinery and perhaps designing and developing one for solving a specific necessity arising from industry or people.