Edinson Fernando Ortiz Galindo
1. How did you get interested in your skill?
When I knew that it my skill would give me more learning and that it was a challenge.
2. Where did you do your training for your skill?
At SENA in Colombia.
3. How did you first find out about your Member organization and its programs?
When I finished my high schools I enrolled in SENA and there’s when I learnt about WS.
4. Who influenced you to pursue your skill as a career?
Anybody. I just knew it was what I like.
5. What is your experience in participating with your Member organization?
I have grown as a person and as a professional.
6. Describe your most memorable moment so far with WorldSkills?
When I was awarded as the first place in the National Competition.
7. Describe what your experience has been since your involvement with WorldSkills
I have learnt many things I didn’t know and some others that I have reinforced.
8. Did participating in the skills competitions and training for WorldSkills help you progress in your skill? Please describe.
The competition is demanding for me and makes me overcome my doubts and fears. I feel I grow every day and become more knowledgeable.
9. What do you currently do? Where do you work?
Currently I am an apprentice at SENA with a contract.
10. What are your future career aspirations?
I want to work for a good company and keep on studying.